Monday, June 2, 2008

Photo Project

So I started off this project with, well a few different ideas and 2 different directions. But I knew of the 2 directions, which way would pull me more, so as I started out with my camera containing freshly loaded film, I did naturally gravitate to the direction where I could do the most, say the most and really give the most. Maybe because my nature endeavors mostly occur in the winter but probably more because of the incredible impact that technology is having right now on me, my children, friends, online communities and society as a whole. I'm torn with all that I think of it....blessing and curse....good and bad....0's and 1's.....black and white. I'm torn because it cannot be compartmentalized as easily as I do everything else. So I know where I want to go, and I can see the big picture...the finished project, down to how it should be displayed, in a generic way, walls as we have put them up ourselves, with windows into our soul which we bare in our social communities, but not to people in real life. How do we get there. I need to explore the journey. How and why we are evolving into an online society, becoming close with people we may never encounter in the physical, yet bonded by electrons racing between us, tying us with a closeness to others that for some is so difficult to experience in the physical world. So in my head, a large concept and project and as usual, I desire to focus on something too large for the timeframe that I have. Realistically, I need to break up something large into small pieces and be the software engineer I was trained to be, create my objects and methods and construct my final system at the end, ready for testing errrr....display.

So here it goes, starting at the beginning. An Exploration in Play will evolve this summer.

No comments: